Old May 6th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John VK2KCE John VK2KCE is offline

Default Palstar ZM30 or Kuranishi BR-210

Andy,
I own an MFJ269 Pro, and us an external SLA battery without any internal
batteries fitted , and no problems at all.

I have the SLA in a small shoulder bag and connected to the external DC
socket, makes the unit very protable and lasts for hours.

73
John
VK2KCE

"Andy" wrote in message
If I used the 12 volt external socket to supply power to the unit from a
external gel battery, would it damage the unit if there were no Ni-Cads in
the unit?

73 Andy

"Highland Ham" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
How long does the Ni-Cads take to charge in the MFJ-259B and how long
will they run for?

I use my MFJ-259B with an 'outboard' small 12V-0.8Ah SLA battery; never
even considered internal batteries.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH