Old May 6th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default Shortwave radio receiver - suggestion sought

It sort of depends on how much you want to spend and what you plan to
listen to.

I think the best compacts/subcompact portables are, in order :

1. Sony ICF-7600GR
2. Eton E5 (aka, Grundig G5, Degen 1103)
3. Redsun RP2100 (aka, Kaito KA2100)
4. Sangean ATS-909 (aka, Radio Shack DX-398)

More pricey, and larger portables, in order:

1. Eton E1
2. Sony ICF-2010 (aka, ICF-2001D, only available used)
3. Grundig Satellit 800 (only available used)
4. Sony ICF-SW77 (only available used)
5. Grundig Satellit 700 (only available used)

EBay offers the used portables virtually continously, but they can be
expensive.

Just my opinions.

Mike
Louisville, KY

On May 6, 11:23�am, D Ramapriya wrote:
Hi all,

I want to buy a good portable digital short-wave radio receiver. Can
anyone suggest what I need to buy? I live in Dubai, and although I've
not seen a digital radio receiver in any shop here yet, I might give
it a try or buy one online if possible. I know of only the Sony 7600D
but I think that's about 25 years too old now.

Any/all suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance,

Ramapriya