Old May 7th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Scooter Scooter is offline

Default The internet is more of a threat to HD/Am/Fm

Maybe they'll leave the fate of HD to the marketplace. Much like they did
with Am stereo.

If they picked one technology then we'd enjoy the benefits. I agree HD comes
with a licensing hook and the consumers pays. But the trends away from radio
to the Internet are scary. All of this is meaningless..
say in 5 or 10 years every car will have a cheap wireless internet
connection. And cell phones will continue into the multimedia world.. It's
like radio wireless.. but the devices and options are changing..