Old December 7th 04, 01:47 AM
Dave Bushong

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
Dave Bushong wrote:

You missed my point, I think. The counterpoise is the (poor) metal of
the radio and of the user's hand. Any connector/adapter will be coaxial
and probably low loss, but the counterpoise stays put. The feedpoint
rises but the "ground" plane does not. For an SMA adapter, it might not
be enough to hear a difference, but the radiated signal will be worse
when using such an adapter.

I'd say "may be worse" rather than "will be worse". In some cases, it
may be better.
[...]

Tell me, specifically, in which cases that my info would not be true. I
made some measurements before I posted. Did you?

I was just saying that extending the feedpoint / current node, as was
suggested, will lower the radiated power. I measured field strength
measurements and then posted my results.

I still feel that the more aluminum in the sky, the better. Even if
there is some loss in adapters... mmmm.... bigger antennas, happier hams.

73,
Dave
kz1o