Old May 8th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dBc dBc is offline

Default BPL and the court

Greetings Telamon..

Not only that, the baud rate (data throughput) is relatively low as
compared to other more competitive and readily available technologies
currently deployed. Further, it's substantially more expensive as
various city municipalities have discovered trying to deploy it for
mere data monitoring and collecting. When a local lightning storm
passes by, it's not unusual to have the entire system go down where
even further costly repairs are required.

Perhaps fortunate for the SWL's, radio amateurs and ALL others
depending on voice/data communications below 30 MHz. It's proving to
be quite the albatross of a technology relative to what is and has
been available for some time. In laymen's terms, we've got enough RFI
from the [often] RF leaky terrestrial cable TV systems throughout the
country, we don't need another potential variable in the RFI equation!

Cheers,
Mr. Mentor

"Telamon" wrote in message
| In article ,
| "dBc" wrote:
|
| Greetings..
|
| A bit of an experiment here. I'm wanting to discover whether (or
not)
| this will format a bit better than the original.. Pardon the
re-post
| folks! This is NOT something I will ordinarily do - I promise.
|
| Cheers,
| Mr. Mentor
|

| COURT FINDS FCC VIOLATED ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE ACT IN BPL
DECISION

http://pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/common/opinions/200804/06-1343-1112979.pdf