Old May 10th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Coils getting hot in antennatuner. Is this normal ?

D. Huizinga wrote:
Hi there.

My 40 mtr doublet is fed with a balanced line of 300 Ohms. Nicely tunable
to 1:1 . But after twenty minutes or so the coil gets rather hot! It is a quality
coil of 3 mm and shiny silvered or chromed on a ceramic body of 1 inch.

How are your experiences with a 100 W tx ? I calculate just 0.3 Amps thru it.
The mind boggles on this..! Where does that heat come from ?

What is the configuration of your antenna matching unit , if with more
than 2 inductors , which one gets hot ?

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH