Old May 12th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Richardson[_2_] Dan Richardson[_2_] is offline

Default PL259 Thread standard

On Mon, 12 May 2008 08:11:56 GMT, "John VK2KCE"
wrote:

Thanks Dan,
I have ordered a die nut to correct the problem, I suspect that the thread
will not have the full strength after using it though!

Once you try this method you see that you really have nothing to be
concerned about. (Unless you use a wrench and really apply heavy
pressure on a PL-259.) For hand tightening you'll have no problems.

73, Danny.