Old May 13th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry[_3_] Jerry[_3_] is offline

Default will it work?

"rb" wrote in message
Thinking of putting a vertical up. I'd go from 2" pvc, to 1", to 1/2" ,
in twenty foot lengths. Will this thing support itself OK? Seems like it
might physically work OK.

Hi rb

It reads as though you are contimplating errecting a 45 or 50 foot self
supporting vertical using PVC pipe to support the conductor. Dont spend much
money on PVC till you try some. It bends easily. I cant imagine a 20
foot length of 1/2 inch PVC (0.850OD) supporting itself even in a mild
brease, (if you could get it vertical).

Jerry KD6JDJ