Old May 13th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick Rick is offline

Default will it work?

"rb" wrote in message
Thinking of putting a vertical up. I'd go from 2" pvc, to 1", to 1/2" ,
in twenty foot lengths. Will this thing support itself OK? Seems like it
might physically work OK.

It will NOT work unless you guy it like crazy. It will fail at those
joints.
Even then, it is hard to pull it up vertical without it breaking. Even if
you get it vertical it will not stay that way.
One day you will look out and it will be leaning over at a 10 degree angle.
Then next day
it breaks. You will speak bad words. The neighbors will hear you.
I speak from experience from the summer of 2006.

K2XT