Old May 14th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap
Eskay Eskay is offline

Default WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:04:15 -0700 (PDT), terryS wrote:

On May 14, 6:18*pm, Eskay wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:35:36 -0400, Norm VE3CZI wrote:
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which *am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Norm,,,How thick is the centre pin and what is the diameter of the smooth
inside of the hexagon nut piece?
* * * * * Eskay.

Norm: 90% sure it is a British PYE connector. Used for example on
those Type 19 Sets, many of which were manufactured in North America
and shipped under Lend-Lease to Britain and Russia. Also on some
airborne equipment as mentioned.
I may have a long unused right-angle female that fits your male
connector, somewhere.
Will go and look for it pronto, cos unlikely will ever have use for it
now.
If cannot find find would it not be possible to fit a 239 that has not
the square four bolt pattern but one that is bulkhead mounted with a
single nut.
Another alternative might be a single hole mounting BNC?
If when I find that connector I'll scan and email pix to you.
Any help? Pls advise.
Terry

I'm pretty sure the one I have here is what Norm is looking for.
Eskay