Old May 16th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default (OT) : ? Royal Mail [UK] to the US ? - Method of Transport . . .

wrote in message
On May 16, 10:11 am, RHF wrote:
For One and All,

? Royal Mail [UK] to the US ? - Method of Transport . . .

At GBP 25 [~US$ 49] for Package that weighs 5~7 Pounds :

[ ] Is It Air Mail : Expect the Package in a Few Days.
-or-
[ ] Is It Surface/Ship Mail : Expect the Package in a Few Weeks.

The eBay Seller wants to Charge GBP 38 {~US$ 75}
for DHL from the UK to the US.

Would DHL be any faster than the Royal Post ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

Royal Mail has both airmail and seamail at different rates.
You must specify AIRMAIL, which is probably what the GBP 25 is for,
but check and make sure.

I have had lots of stuff Royal Airmail from UK with no problems.

I have been under the impression, having received several small parcels from
the UK, that Royal Mail (ParcelForce) may not exceed 2 Kg (4.4 lbs.)