Old May 16th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck[_2_] Buck[_2_] is offline

Default Wrist Rocket Height

On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:27:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim Shoppa
wrote:

On May 15, 12:46*pm, "R.Scott" wrote:

SNIP
No matter how far I pulled back I got about 2/3s of the way up. *Im
estimating that is about the 35 ft level.

Shouldn't a wrister go farther ???? * need bigger weight ?

How high are you trying to go? With everything in my favor (wind,
etc.) I could get over about a 50 foot branch with a wrist-slingshot
and a 1oz weight. And I think I was standing on a 12 foot ladder to do
it, and this was a "best ever" shot.

SNIP
Tim.

I couldn't get 50 feet with mine. I figured the line was too old, but
I realized the sling was way overrated. I can do much, much better
with a rod and reel. My favorite tool was a Bear 76er Bow and Arrow
with a short string. It had a 50 lb pull and I could place an arrow
with a screwdriver handle on the tip where ever I wanted it.

The best was a converted shotgun. I took a shotgun shell and took out
the shot, folded the plastic outer shell over the inner shell and
stuck a wood dowel into it. On the far end of the dowel was a
screwdriver with an eye hook onto which I tied a string. It cleared a
100 foot tree with room to spare, but I was afraid of the possibility
of damaging the gun itself so I only tried this once.

Buck
N4PGW

--
73 for now
Buck, N4PGW

www.lumpuckeroo.com

"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."