Old May 16th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radioguy Radioguy is offline

Default Value of rare shortwave radio

On May 16, 12:55*pm, Radioguy wrote:
On May 16, 7:04*am, Merlin3rd wrote:

I have a JVC portable Model FR-6600 JW. It is in perfect cosmetic and
operating condition. Does anyone know what it is worth?
Thanks.
Merlin

Is this the one on Craigslist in Annandale, Va? *I'm suspicious of:
"Mint working condition and picks up stations". *It doesn't say mint
cosmetic, only mint operating condition. *Very big difference.

It would compete with the Panasonic 2200 through 2900 radios for
functionality if not performance. *It's an unknown brand of shortwave
radios which may actually limit it's attraction to collectors. *If it
is Japan made then you might find more collector interest in Japan,
possibly on the Japan Yahoo site. *On ebay it's possibly worth $100.00

Looks like Merlin pulled his message.