Old May 16th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap
Chris Suslowicz Chris Suslowicz is offline

Default WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

In article ,
"Norm VE3CZI" wrote:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Definitely a Pye connector. Standard UK/commonwealth WW2 to 1950s
radio/radar connector. (Developed by W.G. Pye (Cambridge) Ltd, which is
how it came to be called that.

They are all the same size, but can have diffeent insulation for the
centre pin according to the frequency in use. (Perspex/plexiglas for
VHF or Tufnol/SRBF for HF are the usual variations, with SRBP/SRBF
and polyethylene for the cable-mounted "socket" portion. Chassis
connectors (male) are usially nickel-plated brass, cable connectors
(female) are usually mazak (diecast metal) though I have seen brass
ones occasionally. The cable adapter section is plated brass and comes
in a variety of sizes to accomodate anything from Uniradio No.1 through
to RG-58 diameters.

There are also barrel couplers (male-male), Tees (all male), a cable-fitting
"Tee" (male-female) and a male to PL-259 adapter used with some sort of
radar test set and silver plated!

I have some spare cable connectors, so if you're still "stuck" after
the weekend, let me know what you'd like and I'll mail one out if I've
got a spare.

Best,
Chris.

--
The strength of the antispammer movement is that there is no organization.
Nobody can make deals, nobody has the authority to surrender. All people