Old May 18th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RobertStruble RobertStruble is offline

Default IBOC News : "Commercial Free" FM HD-Radio Is Now Available !

On May 18, 10:17�am, RHF wrote:
On May 17, 8:23�pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

= S N I P =

- Nearly 100% of AM HD stations have commercials.
- And since the OP seemed to be referring primarily to AM HD...

BAD,

Nearly Yes -but- Technically Not 100% since there are
the National Public Radio (NPR) Station and the so-called
Public Radio Stations -aka- Non-Commercial Radio
Stations as a 'group' and they are as a group part of the
Early Adapters of IBOC and FM "HD" Radio with the
speciffic intent to be HD-2 Second Audio Channel
Broardcasters to better serve 'their' Listeners.http://www.kpbs.org/radio/myrland_digital_radio
* NPR Radio Station Listhttp://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf

Point-of-Fact - KOAL-AM 550 kHz in Portland, Oregon
is a "Commercial Free" National Public Radio Station.

Here are a few more "Commercial Free" National
Public Radio Stations (NPR) on the AM Radio Band
From the NPR Radio Station Listhttp://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations..pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
�.
�.
the truth is out-there - riding on a radio-wave ~ RHF
�.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel
�.
Find-Out-for-Yourself - Google Search Results :
HD-Radio -http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
�.
Read-the-News-for-Yourself Google News Results :
HD-Radio -http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
�.
CopyRight � RHF {Radio High Frequency} All Rights Reserved.
�.
Fair Use Notice : This Entire Message in Part or Entirety
may be Copied and Reposted on/in All Media : Provided
the Source the "Rec.Radio.Shortwave" Newsgroup and
the Author RHF {Radio High Frequency} are both identified.
�.

"Nearly Yes -but- Technically Not 100% since there are
the National Public Radio (NPR) Station and the so-called
Public Radio Stations -aka- Non-Commercial Radio
Stations as a 'group' and they are as a group part of the
Early Adapters of IBOC and FM "HD" Radio with the
speciffic intent to be HD-2 Second Audio Channel
Broardcasters to better serve 'their' Listeners. "

"HD Radio: Will More Awareness Translate To Sales?"

"Unfortunately, Ibiquity does not: Yes, they have gotten many radio
stations to make the $100,000 or so investment required to add HD
Radio broadcasting, but what the leave out of their PR spin is that
MANY of these stations were Public Radio/NPR stations that had their
equipment paid for by special funding from Congress. So tell me,
senior executives from, say, Sony, Mitsubishi, Best Buy, etc.: How do
you feel about Ibiquity''s lobbyists getting US taxpayers to pick up
the tab for many of their transmitter sales? Wouldn''t it be great if
your lobbyists could get Congress to mandate that US taxpayers be
required to buy your products, too? Do you even slightly care?
Ibiquity will take their money and run, and HD Radio will join a long
list of failed formats, like Dolby FM radio, Elcassete, mini disk (in
the US), etc."

http://tinyurl.com/37pe7t

"HD Radio: Fun with Math"

"I think it is fair to say that the audiophile community, those people
who take their FM seriously, is dead set AGAINST HDRadio. Not only do
most people never intend to buy a radio, unless as a plaything for
early adopters and collectors, but are aghast at the FCC for even
allowing IBOC to thrash up the FM bandwidth. Plus, people with enough
technical savvy to read the specs are insulted by the false claims of
'CD sound quality' or even 'near-CD sound quality'. These are
transparent marketing hype, beyond mean puffery. Sorry, but HDRadio
has sworn enemies. This goes beyond just business but has political
reprecussions for FCC and for Congress. This has the whiff of
political scandal - and I'm a rock-ribbed Republican! The Corporation
for Public Broadcasting is especially vulnerable. My advice for any
businessman is to avoid any association with HDRadio."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/06/hd_radio_fun_wi.html

Most of my HD conversions were done by NPR stations, who rippped off
Congress - I am really worried about Senator Dingell's investigation
of that crook Kevin Martin. Martin promised to keep his mouth shut,
after we paid him off.