Old May 18th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default (OT) Big Brown

Jim Driscoll wrote:

I can't imagine what the other jockeys are thinking when that horse opens up
in the stretch...

They are all praying their horses don't fall down, break a bunch of
bones and have to be killed. All in the name of entertainment. Horse
racing is provided by and supplied for inconsiderate fools.

http://www.searchmash.com/search/reacehorse+deaths

===================================
The death of Eight Belles shocked me out of my indifferent, complacent
position.

All the crap in the news about how noble she was, how competitive her
spirit, how great her self-sacrifice… it’s all smug and disgusting
beyond belief, despite the accompanying descriptions of the tears
glistening in the eyes of the various stakeholders. What really happened
was that this horse was forced to run as fast as she could, for reasons
she could not understand and that had nothing to do with her well-being,
and as a direct result, her legs fell apart, and then someone killed her.

That’s it; that’s all there is to it.

http://dablog.rubypal.com/2008/5/4/death-of-a-racehorse