Old May 18th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Default 1Hz click external noise?

Lump:
[asks for help with 1Hz click]

JIMMIE wrote:
I had something very similar...

...I am pretty sure it was from an electric fence charger.

That certainly could be. We're a bunch of
mini-ranches with plenty of horses and
hot wires.

Thanks Jimmie.

I've just been out RF sniffing around the outside
of my house with the MFJ meter.

Seems my rain gutters give off some RF at
about 30MHz.

I've also got a metal shed that's not connected
to any power or anything else. It gives off
about 300-500 kHz from it's roof if I put the
meter on the roof. It's quiet on the sides
of the shed.

Sheesh. I'm drowning in incidental transmitters.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com