Old May 18th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default IBOC News : "Commercial Free" FM HD-Radio Is Now Available !

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 17, 8:23*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

= S N I P =

- Nearly 100% of AM HD stations have commercials.
- And since the OP seemed to be referring primarily to AM HD...

BAD,

Nearly Yes -but- Technically Not 100% since there are
the National Public Radio (NPR) Station and the so-called
Public Radio Stations -aka- Non-Commercial Radio
Stations as a 'group' and they are as a group part of the
Early Adapters of IBOC and FM "HD" Radio with the
speciffic intent to be HD-2 Second Audio Channel
Broardcasters to better serve 'their' Listeners.
http://www.kpbs.org/radio/myrland_digital_radio
* NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf

Point-of-Fact - KOAL-AM 550 kHz in Portland, Oregon
is a "Commercial Free" National Public Radio Station.

Here are a few more "Commercial Free" National
Public Radio Stations (NPR) on the AM Radio Band
From the NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
.
.
the truth is out-there - riding on a radio-wave ~ RHF
.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel
.
Find-Out-for-Yourself - Google Search Results :
HD-Radio - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
Read-the-News-for-Yourself Google News Results :
HD-Radio - http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
CopyRight © RHF {Radio High Frequency} All Rights Reserved.
.
Fair Use Notice : This Entire Message in Part or Entirety
may be Copied and Reposted on/in All Media : Provided
the Source the "Rec.Radio.Shortwave" Newsgroup and
the Author RHF {Radio High Frequency} are both identified.
.

Well news group retard I listen to NPR and I hear commercials all the
time. You know the this program is brought to you by the $$$$
corporation. Then after corporate money and the government grants they
get from our tax dollars they beg for more money.

By the way I have the commercial rights to this news group so your
copyright notice is null and void.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California