Old May 18th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default CLEARANCE SALE ON SONY HD RADIOS * 60% OFF ATBEST BUY!

In article
,
Rfburns wrote:

NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD -- łGetting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is łNo. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,˛ he contended."

Really?ŠŠ.. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

iBiquity is in real denial. I went to Best Buy on Saturday to get
something and took a trip by the radios as I usually do. Three Sony
XDRS3HD's have been sitting the display shelf for MONTHS for $199.95.
At one point one of them was sold but was quickly returned a week
later. On Saturday ALL THREE were marked down to $119.95 with a big
CLEARANCE tag on them.

Sorry iBiquity but this is not the sign of a product that is going
anywhere. You can spin it all you want but HD Radio dead.

Would you invest in a company like this???

They need to come out with the 2nd generation radios that can also be
software upgradable. I would not buy what is currently offered.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California