Old May 19th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default IBOC : HD-Radio Broadcasting - Still an Evolving 'New' Technology . . .

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 18, 3:28*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Rfburns wrote:
NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD *-- 3Getting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is 3No. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,2 he contended."

Really?SťSť.. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

iBiquity is in real denial. *I went to Best Buy on Saturday to get
something and took a trip by the radios as I usually do. *Three Sony
XDRS3HD's have been sitting the display shelf for MONTHS for $199.95.
At one point one of them was sold but was quickly returned a week
later. *On Saturday ALL THREE were marked down to $119.95 with a big
CLEARANCE tag on them.

Sorry iBiquity but this is not the sign of a product that is going
anywhere. *You can spin it all you want but HD Radio dead.

Would you invest in a company like this???

- They need to come out with the 2nd generation radios
- that can also be software upgradable.

This is a very important feature in all-things-digital
especially with evolving new technology.

- I would not buy what is currently offered.

Oops - I Did and It was an Oops ! ~ RHF

-but- That will be resolved when HD-Radio goes to 4%
of the Analog ERP from 1% and hopefully I will be living
with-in the AM/MW 10 mV/M and FM 64 dBu Contours
of the CA Central Valley Radio Stations in Modesto etc.

I hope that does not ever happen and if it does it will not solve all
the reception problems. You do not understand the technology. Realize
that fact.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California