Old May 19th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default will it work?

Harry Lippitz wrote:
Thinking of putting a vertical up. I'd go from 2" pvc, to 1", to 1/2" ,
in twenty foot lengths. Will this thing support itself OK? Seems like it
might physically work OK.

I made a vertical colinear antenna using 6m (18 foot) of 50mm Dia (4") PVC
tube. When vertical it is Ok, BUT it has two drawbacks:

A rule of thumb that I developed by trial and error is
that the height limit for a PVC support or vertical is
about 20 feet. After wasting a lot of time trying to
go higher, I switched to 2x4s.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com