Old May 19th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] PocketRadio@gmail.com is offline

Default Eduardo - radio is having a banner month!

'Don't Get Your Hopes Up' Over April Revs, Says Analyst"

NEW YORK -- May 16, 2008: The RAB reported today that radio revenues
fell by 1 percent in April, but Wachovia analyst Marci Ryvicker is
saying, "Don't get your hopes up."

The April result was radio's best performance since August 2007, and,
though Ryvicker acknowledges that it was "bettter than expected," she
says, "We are hearing from both private and public companies that May
looks more like March (which was down 8 percent) than like April." She
notes that she did not get a good "read" on April's strength --
adding, "strength being relative, as -1 percent is much better than
the mid-single-digit declines that we have primarily seen since last
August)."

Ryvicker is keeping her radio-industry estimate at down 2.5 percent
for 2008, but moving her second-quarter estimate to down 3 percent
from down 4 percent.

http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntr...&pt=todaysnews

Ha! Ha! It's because of all the money/resources wasted on the HD Radio
farce.