Old May 21st 08, 06:14 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

I have nothing personally against Linux builds... but they're totally
useless to me. There is no software for my webstation that will run on it,
nor are there versions of much of the other software I have and use
constantly. Aside from that, as was brought up before, the simplest thing
to do in XP is a major PITA in Linux, unless you are practically a
command-level user: Installing new software. I have tried at least 8
different iterations of Linux, and each of them has been a major headache,
telling me things like "you need this file in order to install this other
file" or simple networking that refuses to see anything else on our LAN
(though it does pop right up onto the web... )