Old December 14th 04, 12:42 AM
AK2F

Phil:

Cabin camping during the winter months is a great time bring along the rig.
Started with an FT-990AC and then traded for an FT-100D with a switching
power supply. That fit under the car seats easily. Bringing a Kenwood
TS-480SAT this weekend with an MFJ long wire tuner and switching supply.
Antenna is about 30-40 ft of wire thrown over a tree branch. Many of the
boys really enjoy the radio time.

73,
Woody AK2F

"Phil Schuman" wrote in message
. com...
Wonder if there are any other Hams that have managed to take their rigs on

Boy Scout campout and got the Scouts interested in Ham Radio, or even

Morse
Code ? We have two Hams in our Troop, and we have thought about doing the
JOTA in October, along with dragging a rig to our indoor/cabin camping
weekends, and something during good weather. Also, what would be a good

rig
to drag out to these camping events....