Old May 22nd 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Alan Peake[_2_] Alan Peake[_2_] is offline

Default Multiplier chains

amdx wrote:

Here's an interesting simple circuit to generate odd harmonics.
"New Topology Multiplier Generates Odd Harmonics"
http://www.wenzel.com/pdffiles1/pdfs/RFDesign2.pdf
Mike

Yeah, saw that. Trouble is that I need EVEN harmonics
Anyway, there was some interesting info on snap diodes etc. Makes me
think that the diode used in the gear I have, aren't SRDs as these seem
to be mainly for microwave use. The other info I gleaned was that it's
easier to get low phase noise with straight multiplication than it is
with PLLs. Not that I have an urgent need for low phase noise - but it's
interesting nonetheless.
Alan