Old May 23rd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Alan Peake[_2_] Alan Peake[_2_] is offline

Default Multiplier chains

K7ITM wrote:

Yeah, saw that. Trouble is that I need EVEN harmonics

Huh? I thought you wanted to multiply by 18. 18 = 3 * 3 * 2.

Quite right. 18 is an even harmonic of course but I forgot about the
3*3*2 bit

If you were specific about what you want to do with the output, I
missed it.

It's to test a 1296 down-converter basically but will try a CW
transmitter later so a bit of grunt wouldn't go astray.

..... There might already be enough 18th harmonic in the oscillator
output to do what you need.

Could be. AT the moment I have a 2N5485 as the osc and a 2N918 as a
doubler but the 2N918 runs out of puff well before 1296MHz. I have some
BFR91s so I might put them into use.

Cheers,
Tom

73 de Alan