Old May 23rd 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

David wrote:
On May 21, 4:19 pm, clifto wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

- why does Linux install with RECOVER MODE

I didn't get harvey's article, but has anyone verified that such a thing
("RECOVER MODE") actually exists? I never heard of it.

--

D Peter Maus wrote:
harvey wrote:
On May 20, 8:00 pm, Bob Hya
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Window$
box, you just need to work on it.

- why does Linux install with RECOVER MODE

He didn't say it doesn't happen. He only said that it's more
difficult than Windows, which collapses with very little provocation.

I didn't get harvey's article, but has anyone verified that such a
thing
("RECOVER MODE") actually exists? I never heard of it.

"Recovery Mode" in Linux

When you boot up in a "Dual Boot" Linux ( flavor) / XP machine

the first line is the Linux (Ex: Ubuntu Kernel...)

the second line,one line down is

( Linux "Flavor" ) Recovery Mode

Recovery Mode is for when you do something trivial that trashes the
User friendly Linux shell

Linux Is really Not For Computer Novices !

You are now in Kernighan and Richie / Linus Tovarich territory.

Unless you are familiar with Linux / UNIX / Terminal Windows

You now have a fancy paper Weight, unless you learn Linux Internals-
- which most folks don't have time for.

Windows XP is Used as Infrastructure by Millions AND MILLIONS of
businesses around the world,

Vista is so badly flawed you cannot reliably post to Yahoo With it.

Microsoft Forcing Vista on us who buy a new PC is like installing a
new super highway with huge potholes

every 100 feet.

Please.

Petition Microsoft Just to allow us simple folks

the choice of

buying a new machine with a stable Operating System ( Windows XP ) on
it

please go to the link below

and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

Thank you

What a load of hooey. **** Microsoft. They are assholes and don't
deserve my money.