Old May 24th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
No Spam No Spam is offline

Default 1Hz click external noise? - HF Radar ?

On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:01:19 -0500, Richard Harrison wrote:

John wrote:
"I often hear OTHR pulses in the UK, but at a higher PRF."

Yes and I`ve often heard a regular pulse in the USA every time a radar
antenna swept in my direction within line of sight range. Radar was in
the gigahertz band but the disturbed receiver was at a much lower
frequency and of good quality.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

I have one electronic clock (locked to WWV) that makes a QRM click every
second when the second hand moves. Looking inside the clock, I've found a
small coil of wire that was the mechanical actuator for the second hand.
Placing a 100pf cap across the coil greatly reduced the noise.