Old May 24th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : Actually HD-2 Channels are an "Intrinsic Part" of the FMHD-Radio Business Model

On May 23, 11:08*pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
There-is-A-BETTER- Alternative : "TV Audio Sound"

Oh, great..We'll be able to listen to Reality shows and daytime soaps.

Without the video ruining the experience, we can bring back all the
mummified game show hosts from the last few decades. They will all sound
better than they look, thus giving them ANOTHER decade or two being
productive members of society.

I can hardly wait.

mike

Mike - Mainly Women at work 'listening' to the TV Audio Sound
of the Daytime Soaps, Oprah, Jerry Springer etc.

HSN & QVC are also two unique Brands that could do well
as an FM HD-Radios HD-2 Channel.

Usually FM Radio signal will get into Buildings better than the
AM/MW Radio with less Noise : So Simulcasting AM/MW
Radio Talk Shows will allow Men to Listen to Limbaugh,
Hannety and Savage more easily in the Office while working.

I used to run an FM-Re-Broadcaster for KGO-AM 810 kHz
and later a second one for KSFO-AM 560 kHz in an Office
Area had a very long wire running in the overhead along the
main aisle way. People were amazed at the fact that these
two AM Radio Stations can in so well while everything else
on AM Radio sound mostly like noisy crap. Only a few asked
why there were hearing them on the FM Band.
-ps- People generally don't ask questions when they can get
things for Free as in Free Over-the-Air Radio.

Plus - I was always was amazed at the number of Women
who had AM/FM TV Sound Radios at there Desks with a
little Single Earphone in one Ear. While 'other' had a VCR
going at Home Druing the Day to 'catch' their Favorite TV
Programs to Play-Back at Night or on the Week-End.

Oops 'typo' Iintrinsic -sb- Intrinsic ~ RHF