Old May 25th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default Wrist Rocket Height

Lumpy wrote:
Jim Lux wrote:
... The tennis ball launcher (avoid the "cannon"
term..) looks less "weapon-y"

Not that shoulder fired one that everyone's
been looking at..:-)
http://www.antennalaunchers.com/antlaunching.html

It looks like an RPG. Wander around aiming that
thing at the top of your trees while the
gendarmerie rides past and I'll bet you'll
be asked to "DO IT NOW".

Just for added effect, when I made my tennis ball launcher I spray-
painted it yellow and then added black stencils with BIOHAZARD and
FALLOUT SHELTER symbology on. And then I stenciled BUTTERCUP on for
the opposite impression :-).

I'm sure that some people are comfortable with lead weights flying
through the air, or with crossbows. Me, I just happen (perhaps through
lack of ability with the other two - I tried, but failed with
slingshot and crossbow, but the tennis ball cannon worked the first
time!) to be pefectly comfortable with the tennis ball cannon. And it
worked, man it worked. I am so so so happy with the resulting antenna,
100 feet up between two trees.

Tim N3QE