Old May 25th 08, 11:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default 1Hz click external noise? - HF Radar ?

In message , Jeff
writes
Yes and I`ve often heard a regular pulse in the USA every time a radar
antenna swept in my direction within line of sight range. Radar was in
the gigahertz band but the disturbed receiver was at a much lower
frequency and of good quality.

There's a municipal airport, KSDL, about 2 miles
from me. Except for a very occasional tree, it's
line of sight.

However, 1Hz would require a very fast rotating radar antenna!!! Most radar
antennas rotate much slower than that, normally in the region of 5 to 7
seconds, although a few ground surveillance radars to rotate a bit quicker.
Also 1Hz is a bit slow for the prf of an OHR, they normally sound like a
buzzing sound.

73
Jeff

It couldn't be something trickle-charging a battery, could it? A local
amateur had trouble with his neighbour's electric shaver. This was left
more-or-less permanently on charge, and produced regular clicks when the
battery was full. And then there are things like cordless phones (often
on-charge when not in use).
--
Ian