Old November 10th 03, 11:38 PM
Roy Lewallen

So your math is good only for an ideal antenna? That's a sad state of
affairs.

Ok, let's suppose I build an ideal antenna that's about 33 feet high,
with a feedpoint impedance of 35 - j370 ohms at 3.8 MHz. Choose an
inductor value and let me know what the output:input current ratio would
be for that inductor at the base of the antenna. Assume that the
inductor is physically very small. You have such a clear understanding
of what's happening, it should be a simple calculation. Then I'll do my
best to build the antenna and make the measurement. Or you can.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

So what's your new, more precise prediction of the output:input
current ratio (magnitude and phase) for the system I did measure?

I don't see any way to make a precise prediction given that the
antenna doesn't exhibit the expected characteristics of a
33' vertical on 75m.

I don't see that your experiment makes a lot of difference now
that you have said that a 75m bugcatcher coil causes a current
magnitude change and a phase shift. That was the original argument.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP