Old May 30th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Default Renting amateur tower space

AI4QJ wrote:
Isn't it great when you ask a sensible question and then you get
attacked by someone questioning the motives for your original
question ;-)

I didn't see an "attack". I saw a sensible question
about a cloudy issue.

I don't know how you would feel about loaning
tower space to a navigational aid, but I wouldn't
do it. I'd do it for some hams doing APRS or
something like that. But not for a system that's
designed for safe navigation by commercial vessels.

The last thing I would want would be for something
to go wrong with the install, the tower, the feedline
etc and a barge crashes and loses a billion dollars
in cargo and kills a dozen people.

Now exactly what was that good reason for putting
those gizmos on somebody's ham tower?

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com