Old May 30th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Default Renting amateur tower space

Jeff wrote:

AIS is not only an aid to navigation, it's just like APRS for ships,
it allows those ashore at remote locations to monitor the position of
vessels. On a river system I guess it could be used to monitor
traffic flow, optimise lock usage, find out when your vessel is
likely to arrive for unloading etc.

How does the intended client receive the data?
ie, if there's a tower in E Bumphuk Bay and my
dock/warehouse is up in N Fugawee, how does
that ship position data make it's way to me?

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com