Old May 30th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Transmitter antenna help

(scooterspal) wrote in
:

Hello and thanks for ahy help you can provide.

I have a small assisted hearing type transmitter that normally uses
the shield of the mic cable for the antenna. I need to change to a
fixed antenna for a particular application where there is no mic
cable to extend out.

The manufacturer says the antenna wire for this 651.85Mhz unit
should be 48" long.

Can anyone tell me what that would equal in a rubber ducky antenna?

You appear to be posting from the US, so I thought I'd mention that if
this transmitter is an unlicensed "Part 15 Intentional Radiator" (I
don't know what an "assisted hearing" transmitter is, so I might be
wildly off base), you'll be running afoul of 47CFR15.204(c) if you use
any antenna other than the one supplied with it.

Just trying to help :-)

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |