Old May 31st 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck[_2_] Buck[_2_] is offline

Default Transmitter antenna help

On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:36:25 -0400, scooterspal
wrote:

Hello and thanks for ahy help you can provide.

I have a small assisted hearing type transmitter that normally uses the
shield of the mic cable for the antenna. I need to change to a fixed
antenna for a particular application where there is no mic cable to
extend out.

The manufacturer says the antenna wire for this 651.85Mhz unit should be
48" long.

Can anyone tell me what that would equal in a rubber ducky antenna?

Thanks.

Which model do you have?
http://www.comtek.com/sitemap.html
choose the model, and the device frequency range will be listed. They
only show three frequency ranges, 216-217 Mhz, 72-76 MHz, and 76-78
MHz. They also have several options for external antennas, but I
think these are primarily for the base transmitters.

As mentioned in an earlier reply, if you build your own antenna, the
device _may_ become compliant.

--
73 for now
Buck, N4PGW

www.lumpuckeroo.com

"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."