Old May 31st 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Big 89 Rewind

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.
I did until Dr. Laura "mysteriously" disappeared from the lineup about the
time the radical gay ****s protested her show. Now I do what I can to get
the programming they carry from other cities... which ain't a lot.

A couple months ago, AFN Korea dropped all the talk shows except for Sports
Overnight America. Rush, Laura, Ed Schultz, etc. They replaced everything
with All Things Considered, Morning Edition, etc. from NPR. Maybe EIB and
whoever decided they were going to start charging for their programming?

There was a huge story about this a couple of years back. The Dems in
Congress were complaining that there was too much right leaning
programming on AFN...read that: Rush was on for an hour...and that he
and the other 'right wing hate mongers' had to go. With the replacement
to be more of what NPR offers. NPR being more palatable to the left
leaning in Congress who hold the purse.

Apparently, they finally succeeded in achieving that goal.

I'll have to check the shortwave relays next week to see if Rush is still on. I
recall the push to at least get him off, seemingly in contrast to what the troops
wanted.