Old May 31st 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Big 89 Rewind

On May 31, 3:29*am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.
I did until Dr. Laura "mysteriously" disappeared from the lineup
about the
time the radical gay ****s protested her show. Now I do what I can
to get
the programming they carry from other cities... which ain't a lot.

A couple months ago, AFN Korea dropped all the talk shows except for
Sports
Overnight America. *Rush, Laura, Ed Schultz, etc. They replaced
everything
with All Things Considered, Morning Edition, etc. from NPR. *Maybe
EIB and
whoever decided they were going to start charging for their
programming?

* *There was a huge story about this a couple of years back. The Dems
in
Congress were complaining that there was too much right leaning
programming on AFN...read that: Rush was on for an hour...and that he
and the other 'right wing hate mongers' had to go. With the replacement
to be more of what NPR offers. NPR being more palatable to the left
leaning in Congress who hold the purse.

* *Apparently, they finally succeeded in achieving that goal.

I'll have to check the shortwave relays next week to see if Rush is still
on. I
recall the push to at least get him off, seemingly in contrast to what
the troops
wanted.

Still seems to be on the AFN Radio sked:

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/AFNRadio.aspx#9

- They're all still on the satellite (Uninterruptable Voice Channel)
feed, but
- not on the radio here in the ROK (can't say about Japan.. but I can
imagine
- they dropped all the sports/talkers there, since they have only the
one
- station there).

- AFN-Korea didn't just drop the right wing talkers.. they dropped
them ALL.
- It's even hard to find Paul Harvey anymore.. he used to be on
several times
- a day (including "The Rest of the Story"). *The AFN Korea AM feeds
seem to
- be mostly NPR anymore.. they've cut way back on the music stuff,
too. They
- used to have 5 hours of oldies in the morning, and 4 hours of
country in the
- afternoon, then sports, then Rush, then Ed Schultz, then Morning
Edition
- followed by country till morning, with an hour of news at noon
followed by
- Dr. Laura. *I can see the AM going away completely in the not too
distant
- future.. I think we're the only ones even listening to it anymore.

No Paul Harvey that's just plain un-american.