Old May 31st 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Default Transmitter antenna help

wrote:
...aw @#$%. That didn't work either. Not my day, it seems. Take it
for what it's worth, disregard the rest, or the whole thing for that
matter. I give up.
- 'Doc

Not sure what posts you're referring to, Doc. But
yours look fine to me. No odd arrow charcters.

Regarding this antenna for the low power transmitter,
I expect there will be a bit of grief coupling a
rubber duck, or anything else, in place of what
was the mic cable.

Are they somehow using the shield of the cable
as the antenna? If so it's likely floating and
not directly connected to circuit ground. Plugging
a duck in place of the mic, with typical connectors
and adaptors, would likely not connect the antenna
element to the "antenna terminal" of the device.

I have no doubt that modifying the antenna would
alter the intended tuned antenna circuitry as
well as violate the type acceptance.

Perhaps a bit more about "what is the intended use"
from the OP would help.

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk?
Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.