Old June 1st 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
gallant17 gallant17 is offline

Default Eduardo - fellow IBOC-shill diputes your claims about AM ratings.

On Jun 1, 9:59*am, Dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
*"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Yeah they got the night time authorization but after one week most
stations turned it back off nights due to the huge amount of
interference.
Only two that turned it off are not back on, WABC and WJR. All others are
back. In any case, AM is beyond hope.

You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings. I don't
think is was either of those two stations.

770 and 790 are both Citadel stations, as is 780. *I doubt they want to
screw up the whole southwest with digital hash.- Hide quoted text -

"Citadel Halts AM Nighttime IBOC Operation Amid Complaints"

"An excerpt from his memo to staff reads: In response to the
lackluster performance, the limited benefit and various reports of
significant interference, Citadel is suspending nighttime AM HD
operations at this time. Please reinstate your previous procedures for
daytime-only HD operation as soon as possible.”

http://www.radioworld.com/pages/s.0121/t.8847.html

"Editorial: AM IBOC in Distress?"

"Citadel Director of Corporate Engineering Martin Stabbert embodied
questions about the efficacy of full-time AM HD when he ordered all
his AMs that had already converted to cease transmitting HD at night,
using language that must have given Ibiquity officials heartburn.
Separately and for different immediate reasons, Cox, in a “let’s wait
and see” move, has tried HD on most of its AM stations but is taking
it off the air day and night, once tested at each facility."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.9917.html

"AM Broadcasters Back Away from HD Deployment"

"This is a major setback for the adoption of HD Radio, especially on
the AM dial, and Citadel is the first large broadcast conglomerate to
back away from full deployment of the HD broadcast technology.
Although the company's gone out of its way not to characterize its
move an indictment of iBiquity's proprietary digital broadcast
standard, the problems with AM HD broadcast interference are well-
known and -documented."

http://diymedia.net/archive/1007.htm#101307

Correct!