Old June 2nd 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,alt.guitar
Squier Squier is offline

Default Vanilla Ice + Britney Spears = Howard Stern

General Specific wrote:

On Jun 2, 1:14*pm, EggnogChugaluger wrote:
On Jun 2, 12:10*pm, markritter150 wrote:

Vanilla Ice was on Howard Stern this week and he spilled the beans
about dating Britney Spears for the past month. *Some juicy stuff on
there. *I'm not sure if he's just doing it for publicity (he's trying
to get his movie out in high definition).

Howard made a HUGE MISTAKE when he went to Satellite Radio some years
ago. Conservative estimates place his loss of listenership as high as
55% when he left conventional FM broadcast radio for PAY satellite
radio. Most of his listeners can't even afford or don't even ewant a
Sat radio. Howard is therefore a NOBODY. He shot himself in the foot.
If he's smart he'll abandon Sat Radio and go back to conventional FM
Broadcasting outlets ASAP.

45% of Howard's Listenership is a huge boost for satellite radio

The FCC was forcing Howard off the air with rules and fines

Howard got PAID. In the end, he won.

Thanks General Specific that's another good point you make
the content of what Stern does now
is practically 'anything goes'. He couldn't possibly do that on
the FCC controlled airwaves. I'm sure he is glad to be above and
beyond all that nonsense. Yep. 100% agree with you there.

Anyways - Howard did fine for himself. I would hope to be so
fortunate one day in the career that I choose.

I think maybe EggnogChugaluger has to stop chugging so much
and come up for air