Old June 3rd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Softwave Defined Radio (SDR) -choice- Desk-Top PC ? -or- Lap-TopPC ?

On Jun 2, 5:52*pm, "Robert Sillett" wrote:
- If you use a notebook computer and the SDR uses a
- serial port, then you will need to use a USB-to-Serial
- converter. *Not all of these devices perform equally.
-*And many notebooks (at least mine) inject a signifcant
- amount of RFI into the adapter. *I feel like I'm keeping my
- local Radio Shack in business by buying all their chokes.
-
- This is something to keep in mind.
-
- Bob, N3OEA