Old June 3rd 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default HQ-145/Worth Recapping?

Count Floyd wrote:
I have heard that there are very few electrolytic capacitors in this
machine, as most of them are ceramic disk. The only ones are in a can
on the chassis. If the radio is working well as original, would it be
better to just leave well enough alone? I always try to live by the
maxim: If it ain't broke.....

I'd power it up on a variac, and if it powers up properly and the supply
voltages are okay, I'd leave it.

If the supply voltages are NOT okay, I'd change the supply caps immediately
before you ruin the power transformer.
--scott