Old June 3rd 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default HQ-145/Worth Recapping?

Chuck Harris wrote:

Is there any one of us that hasn't noticed that collecting old radios is an
insatiable hunger. We are always trying to re-find the excitement we got when
we found the first gem we longed for... But alas, you can be a virgin only once.

Not at all. There is your first ARC-5 set, your first GRR-9, your first
Racal.

Hell, every time I open up the R-390 and look inside, I feel like someone
has just taken my virginity...
--scott