Old June 3rd 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Count Floyd[_2_] Count Floyd[_2_] is offline

Default HQ-145/Worth Recapping?

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:04:11 UTC, Don Bowey wrote:

On 6/3/08 6:01 AM, in article BJ4mQCBKg9HM-pn2-Bzcrp6NzzYDu@localhost,
"Count Floyd" wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:47:16 UTC, "COLIN LAMB"
wrote:

Find something else that is broken and needs fixing.

You have a problem - you do not have enough radios that need repair. In
short, you have not done your part to rescue old radios.

Once you have a pile of old radios that do not work, because someone twisted
all the if adjustments until they failed, or used Windex to clean all the
lettering off the dial, you will not have enough time to recap a radio that
is working fine.

In fact, you will not even have room on your bench for a working radio, nor
have time to enjoy them.

Colin K7FM

What the hell are you talking about? I have two old radios that I
recapped: an S-38 and an HE-10. I was told by several boatanchor
owners that this particular Hammarlund would not need a recap as most
of them were ceramic disk with no black beauties. What are you on?
This sounds like some rant against the man? I just wanted good radio
advice!

You also need to examine your sense of humor level. It appear to be low.

I have a great sense of humor at the appropriate time, not when asking
a question and getting the old "USENET" rant. I expected more out of
him, and I was wrong.