Old November 11th 03, 12:45 PM
Jack Smith

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:50:55 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Ok. So far, we have your calculation that the output current should be
5% smaller, and 18 degrees shifted in phase (lagging, I presume) from
the input; and Cecil's, that the output current should equal the
current, both in phase and magnitude. I don't know if Richard is going
to do the calculation or not, so I'll wait a little longer. Anyone else
like to hazard a prediction?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

(1) Input current = output current
(2) No phase shift.

If you model the circuit using the lumped values for the antenna R and
jX components it's easy to see this.

Anyone not believing this can try modeling the base inductor as:
O----[0.3 ohms R']--[+j192 ohms]---[0.3 ohms R'']----0
Put current through it using your favorite SPICE simulator and compare
the current through the R' and the R''. The two plots coincide.

Jack K8ZOA