Old December 21st 04, 05:31 PM
Ken Bessler

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
news:a5Nxd.3789$Jb7.1228@okepread01...
I'm looking for a 10 watt in, minimum 100 w out
all mode 6m amp with a preamp. The only one I've
found is the Mirage A-1015-G for about $390.

Are there cheaper options out there?

Ken KG0WX

You may want to do what I did . I had an older ssb/am rig and that amp a
few years back . Sold them both off and went with an Icom 706. That gave
me an all mode rig and 100 watts out on 6 meters plus everything else but
the 220 band as a stand by rig. I already had a good 2 meter and 432 mhz
seperate setup. A new Icom is not that much more than the amp and rig.

That's a sensible idea but it goes against what I want.
Up untill a few months ago I had an FT-857D. Radio
worked great but now it's been replaced by the following
setup:

Yaesu FT-840 ($250) with seperate dipoles for every HF band,
Kenwood TM-271A with a Hustler CG-144 @ 42',
Yaesu FT-690RII with a temp inverted V @ 10',
Yaesu VX-2R for 440 TX & general wide band RX,
Radio Shack Pro-94A for trunking & general scanning.

You see, instead of one radio to do everything but only one
thing at a time, I can do many things all at once. Sure, I've
lost 144/440 SSB but they wern't that important to me.

With that in mind, I'm probably going to put a PAR OA-50
up a 20' pole and maybe get an amp for 6 meters - that should
work FB (I hope).

Ken KG0WX