Old June 4th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed_G Ed_G is offline

Default What effect does a tuner have at the antenna?

From QRZ.com regarding tuners:

"The tuner has absolutely no effect at the antenna."

From eHam.net regarding tuners:

"Does nothing. The tuner as the other poster said,
just makes your radio happy."

Neither Eham nor QRZ publish official technical opinions of the
staff, near as I can tell..... thus the above comments only reflect the
opinions of some anonymous contributers. As we all know, regarding
antenna theory there is a huge gap in the knowledge of many hams.

Regarding tuners and antennas, isn't the main job of an antenna
coupler ( tuner at feedpoint ) to maximize the efficient transfer of
power from the feedline to the antenna? If true, then the coupler (
tuner) certainly does have an effect !

Ed K7AAT