Old June 5th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default HF interference from WiFi router

The WiFi transmitter in my Actiontec GT701-WG produced interference over
much of the HF spectrum and completely obliterates the 17 meter band.
With my HF receiver in AM mode, looking at the received audio with a
spectrum analyzer, I see peaks at 60Hz and 120Hz. The router and WiFi
portion work just fine.

Anybody ever run into a problem like this and found a solution to it?

I can eliminate the noise by disabling the radio in the router, but a
real fix would be preferable.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN