Old June 5th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Larry Benko Larry Benko is offline

Default Rigexpert AA-200 antenna analyser

Dale,

Glad you are happy with the AA-200 but the ability to calibrate an
analyzer with standards at the end of a cable or through a filter is
IMHO the absolute most important feature an analyzer can have. The
difference in accuracy is huge. Additionally the ability to make
measurements with a tuned tracking receiver rather than a broadband
detector separates the toys from the real equipment in the presence of
other RF interference when making antenna measurements. Granted that
the absence of a PC is a plus but the larger screen of a notebook PC is
a big deal to me as is the ability to capture plots for others to see.
I would take the AIM4170 over the AA-200 any day. If you wish, take a
look at http://www.bnk.com/w0qe/AIM4170_page1.html for a detailed
examination of the AIM4170. I am in no way connected to Array Solutions
who sells the 4170.

73,
Larry, W0QE

Dale Parfitt wrote:
I now have my AA-200 up and running with the latest firmware and software.
Support from RigExpert Canada has been first rate too.
I have owned about every analyzer out there from Autek to Timewave- except
the AIM as it requires a PC and that is not convenient for me. The AA-200 is
a vector device that even allows one to change the connector simulation L/C.
It agrees extremely well with my HP 8711B and the software allows easy
archiving and documentation.

Dale W4OP